In 2016, Phillip was nominated for Scout Sniper Instructor of the Year for his meticulous instruction that resulted in institutional changes in the training of Marine Scout Snipers in both formal schools and unit level training. . As of 2014, Ryan and Dianna have become full time hunters and competitors, focusing most predominately on 3-Gun. If I could get a .277" 140 grain Accubond velocities to surpass 3000fps and be an accurate load with the powder I have on hand then I would be satisfied. His last three years of service were spent at the 1st Marine Division Scout Sniper School as the Primary Marksmanship Instructor. Looking for a starting point being I have a jug of it. By It's going to be hard to beat RL-17 for the 270 wsm. In Stock. 0. I made a Magneto V3 adapter on the cheap, Dirt cheap UPS has officially stopped shipping guns. I currently use H 4831 for my .270 as well. 2010 Elk Hunt 5x5 Bull with X-Bolt 270 WSM. 1458 1459 1465 Propellant Case Primer Weight (grains) Muzzle Velocity (feet/sec) Weight (grains) Alliant Reloder 26 Federal Federal 215 61.5 2928 68.1 She has a passion to introduce the shooting sports and showcase gun owners and the 2nd Amendment in a positive light. They list it for 243 wssm, 25 wssm, and 300 wsm. Components. She recently took on the role of Southwest Regional Director for the Precision Rifle Series. Their chart also showed some of the IMR and Reloader powders to be the worst with some more than 100 fps difference due to temps. barrel rifle. Shotgun. I have two 270WSM's (wife's and mine). Brian now competes in both the PRS and NRL Pro series. 2010 Mule Deer Hunt Last Day Busted G2 Buck with X-Bolt 270 WSM. The Hodgdon shop is closed until 2 January so I am stuck for now. I really enjoy the community as well as the sport. i didnt think they made the superformance for the big guns yet. 26" schneider. Dianna Muller earned a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice/Psychology from University of Central Missouri and retired from the Tulsa Police Department after 22 years of service. Presses. Just be aware that Superformance is a bit more temp sensitive than ADI stuff. Ted's Bio; Fact Sheet; Hoja Informativa Del Ted Fund; Ted Fund Board 2021-22; 2021 Ted Fund Donors; Ted Fund Donors Over the Years. Hailing from the Kansas City-area, Jaclyn is a rifle shooter specializing in precision rifle shooting. Was wondering if I could take the 300wsm info and scale it down based on H20 capacity vs recommended load? Jun 28, 2017. .270 (19).270 Weatherby Magnum (5).270 WSM (5).28 Nosler (3).280 Rem (1).280 Rem Ackley Imp (2) No part of the landscape, from pop cans to squirrels, was immune to a 10 round burst from a Ruger. Joey is starting the load development process for his 270 WSM. I have two pounds of this stuff and I am beginning to wonder what cartredges I will actually be able to use it in. Several component suppliers also provide load recipes that . Nick lives in rural NSW, Australia. No reviews found. The slow burning spherical powders pack more densely, so the longer bullets do not compress the powder as much at larger powder charges. 7 mm-08 Remington.284 Winchester. Seeing the home-built pile of quality ammo grow was always a welcome sight and made my happy. Powders include Winchester, IMR, Hodgdon, Accurate, Alliant, Vihtavuori . Anyone load any 270WSM with the Hornady superformance powder? pressure specifications at the ammunition manufacturing plants and at C.I.P. The COAL is measured from the base of the case to the tip of the bullet. Re: Reloader or Superformance powder for 270 In looking at my Sierra #5 manual in .270 Winchester, Sierra lists Varget with their 110 Gr. I used 82 grains of Superformance and got 3006 fps with no pressure signs at all. She helps organize and coordinate Arizonas own national level event, the Tactical Precision Rifle Challenge. 6.8 western.284. I have started out with Superformance loads that are 2 grains less than those listed for H4831 and looked for overpressure signs such as flat primers, trouble extracting the case or expansion of the case head. Sporting Accessories. The same applies for cartridges; at regular intervals, cartridges are tested against the C.I.P. All I really have for data is the advertising but Hodgdon has touted their Extreme powders for years as the most temperature tolerant of all powders averaging less than 5-10 fps difference in temps from 0 - 125 degrees. Item #80558 | 20/Box. Vihtavuori offers rifle reloading data for numerous calibers and bullets for match and hunting purposes. 270 Winchester. By 2011, she sold her farm and all of her horses to focus on 3-Gun and the 2nd Amendment. Hydration Packs. After graduating college, Ryan moved to Tulsa, OK to take a position as a plastics engineer and in 2011 began shooting 3-Gun competitively. In powder burn rate charts, Superformance rates just slower than H4831. Share your experiences with other customers. She has competed on the TV series, 3 Gun Nation as well as an upcoming show called The Big Gun on Sportsman Channel, airing in Q1 2016. Targeted velocities are well in excess of 100 fps over the best published handloads and even larger gains over factory ammunition! bullets. Nick Harvey is one of the world's most experienced and knowledgeable gun writers, a true legend of the business. Two 8400's in 270 and 300 WSM and a 84M Varmint in 22-250. I've never used Reloader powders. Handloaders that have called Hodgdon have received nothing but stern warnings from them that they should not attempt to load for cartridges which they have no published data for. gramps. Because I started loading a 270 years ago and settled in on R-22 7828 and aa magpro I never felt the need to jump onto developing every new powder that came along. There was no head expansion, and primer flattening was no different than seen on factory ammo, and there was no problem with extraction. Dimensions of the case are pretty much the same, main difference being the neck which was modified to accept smaller .277 inch diameter bullet. You find load data for cartridges in caliber .270 WSM with all common powders and bullets by clicking the "Loads in this cal. When Wyatts not hunting or fishing he loves competing in rodeos and roping off of his horse, General. I have found tons of data for the 300 WSM and Superformance but none for the 270 WSM. In the 330 Dakota for a 225 grain TTSX bullet, Hodgdon lists 84 grains of H4831. I would call Hodgdon and ask. 8x57 mm mauser Hornady 8061 Superformance 7mm Remington Magnum 154 GR SST - 20rd Box . 003-80563 | Hornady. charge for an extreme spread . loyola academy high school basketball; west collierville middle school registration Diannas also won the 2015 NRA World Shooting Championship Ladies title. It will safely duplicate and often exceed the .270's original ballistics. All rights reserved. Ryan earned a Bachelors of Science in Chemistry and Plastics Engineering as well as a Masters of Science in Engineering Technologies. Those speeds that you mention can easily be topped by RL 17. Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates. Superformance is listed as slower burning than H4831. Handloaders that have called Hodgdon have received nothing but stern warnings from them that they should not attempt to load for cartridges which they have no published data for. To be able to use the full range of Shopware 6, we recommend activating Javascript in your browser. Rifle. Pros: Efficient and flat shooting cartridge with bullet weights that aren't terrible on the shoulder. Hornady Superformance Powder for .270 Win??? I have started out with Superformance loads that are 2 grains less than those listed for H4831 and looked for overpressure signs such as flat primers, trouble extracting the case or expansion of the case head. The desire to know, when, how, and if he should take these shots along with an unquenched thirst for competition, lead Brian to shoot precision rifle events. 7 x 57. Target shooting or just plinking, take hold of the most current handgun data . There are a number of powders that will get those numbers in the .30/06. Superformance doesn't give the same results for every cartridge. 100% of all my handloads are done withHodgdonbrands. Accessories. Because this propellant is tailored for specific applications, the number of . A typical 30-06 rifle should throw a 165-grain (just about the optimum weight for this round) about 2,850 fps from a 24-inch barrel. Muzzle velocity averaged 3058 fps. I have always used Hodgdon due to the temperature consistencies with their extruded powders. 7 mm Remington Magnum. Sporting Shooter magazine is for those who love the outdoors and the thrill of the hunt. SUPERFORMANCE ammunition is loaded with proprietary propellants that increase the velocity ratings up to 200 feet per second compared to other popular brands. I can look in my Hornady books when I get home. She has since entered the Open division and has competed all over the country at numerous national level events, including the PRS Finale in 2018. 2023 Yaffa Media. But the Superformance that is sold with Hodgy's name on it, was geared around the 30-06 cartridge. Firearms, Long Range Shooting, and Reloading. If you can find some sort of reference to your .270,go for it. find load data for your cartridge. .270 WSM (5).28 Nosler (3).280 Rem (1).280 Rem Ackley Imp (2).284 Win (1).30 (1).30-06 (38) Con: .270 projectile options suck compared to the 6.5's and 7's on either side of it. I am trying to create a load for using the 140gr Hornady SST bullet. 270 Win 140 gr SST Superformance. Here are some hunts with the 140g Accubond Handload. Superformance doesn't give the same results for every cartridge. Was wondering if I could take the 300wsm info and scale it down based on H20 capacity vs recommended load? is an international organisation which sets standards for safety testing of firearms. Well I am not one to be deterred so I went on with it and found it to be extremely accurate and the velocity would blow your mind. 270 Winchester Short Magnum (WSM) Load Data. Rifle Data. Prior to attempting the above, I studied the available load data from various sources to be sure that powders listed as faster burning than H4831, as expected, used smaller charges than H4831, and vice versa for slower burning powders. Any help out there? #8. I've never used Reloader powders. 270 Caliber / .277" Diameter. I have one older can of H4350 but it is a single now with no more matching lots and I hate to burn through it because my 7MM-08 and a Weatherby in 270 Win just love the stuff. Anyway, I was in the Bass Pro Shops looking for some H4350 and of course all they had was some Superformance powder which had the 300 WSM on the label so I loaded 4 pounds in the cart, did a little limited research with the cellphone and decided to go ahead and make the purchase. Surprisingly Hornady's 130gn GMX Superformance loading factory data, has the Superformance load for the standard .270 driving the . Does Hodgdon list the pressure for that load? .270 Winchester and its standardized dimensions. The Hornady Superformance loads I chronographed averaged 3,070 fps. They list it for 243 wssm, 25 wssm, and 300 wsm. They list 49.4 Grs. He is a four-time World Champion, 13-time National Champion, the only Triple Crown winner in Action Shooting Sports and has 600+ (and counting) local and regional shooting competitions. We are engineers, reloading enthusiasts and operate one of the most powerful ballistics calculators. Thanks for the input but check the post, I did buy a 300 WSM but I also bought a 270 WSM and I wanted to be able to load both rifles with the same powder if possible. That's only my experience. 300 wsm 300 weatherby magnum 300 remington ultra magnum (new).310. Apparel. I still can't believe the velocity my 270 win gets with Superformance, I have chrono the load a couple of times and they still run at around the 3130 fps. A devoted husband and father, Jake has formal degrees in sports medicine and youth ministry. I have plenty of other guns to hunt with so that isn't an issue but I wanted to play with my new toys and I can't till I get some data for the 270 WSM and Superformance. The temp today was 40 degrees F. I would not recommend ever exceeding the listed H4831 charge.
Pistol Permit Character Reference Example, Articles OTHER