Cooper Martin looks for an open teammate against Oxford in the Calhoun County Basketball Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. The benefit of both teams being No. Promotional Rates were found for your code. Jacksonville (17-4) plays again Thursday in a semifinal game against the winner of Wednesdays quarterfinal game between No. 0:00. 4 Ohatchee (5-4, 1-3) vs. Piedmont/Pleasant Valley/JCA, 4 p.m.No. 22 (at JSU)Semifinals, 2 p.m., 6 p.m.Jan. 1 seed got the Eagles off to a fast start that never slowed down. 11 Jacksonville Christian 45, No. First Team. Weaver senior Dawson Brooks scored a game-high 13 points on Monday, while fellow senior Zack Garner grabbed at least a game-high 12 rebounds to go along with four points of his own. 12 Pleasant Valley (0-7, 0-6) vs. No. 7 Pleasant Valley, 3 p.m. No. We have nine and we pretty well play all of them. 1 seed in both the boys and girls brackets. I am currently a Guest Services Associate at the Cook Museum of Natural Science in Decatur, AL and I am also pursuing my Bachelor's degree at the University of North Alabama! Well come back on Thursday ready to go.. They shot 55 percent from the floor and everyone who got in the game scored. - 32 teams qualified for the WVSSAC Women's State Basketball Tournament. Anfernee Hanna - Tallulah Falls. 12 Jacksonville Christian 51, No. 4 Piedmont vs. No. He also scored eight points. 10 Pleasant Valley vs. No. That didn't appear to be a problem Monday. Lamya McGrue heads to the basket against White Plains in the Calhoun County Basketball Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. JACKSONVILLE Jayda Fomby is just a 10th-grader, and in basketball years, she might be even younger than that. 5 Alexandria, 6 p.m. No. 3 Jacksonville (4-4, 4-0) vs. Alexandria/Faith/Wellborn, 6 p.m.No. The McLean County High School boys basketball team finished the 2022-23 season with a 21-9 record. The five-day, 28-game event kicks off March 7 at the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center. 7 Pleasant Valley 53, No. 15 Wellborn, noonNo. 2x MVC tournament ( 2019, 2020) MVC regular season (2023) Awards. Ethan Duke makes a power move in the lane against Saks in the Calhoun County Basketball Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. 0. 1 girls seed based on its home win over Handley against Annistons road loss to Handley, but in the end the Lady Dawgs had too much support.I didnt really worry about it but it really didnt matter to me, Bullock said. Shes sort of the girl that gets us going on the defensive end and energy.. Oxford players what to enter the game against White Plains in the Calhoun County Basketball Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. The Lady Bulldogs will play Park Crossing Monday at 6 p.m. **When you click read more you will be taken to the EA Sports Today website. They didnt quite pull it off, but they were prepared. The Bearcats also won the first meeting against Saks 55-43 on Jan. 5. 11 Faith Christian (3-2, 0-1) vs. No. Ethan Fair finished with 13 points for the Thunder and Tyler Doggrell had six. Anniston got a bye through the first round. R6 #2 Mt. Madison Shaw added 15 points. We practice being down five a lot with one or two minutes to go and how we have to play it out. 1 seeds in Calhoun County Basketball Tournament brackets. What they dont know is I had a starter missing when we played Handley and you knew the situation about the buses and all. Jaylen Alexander drives the ball upcourt against Faith Christian in the Calhoun County Basketball Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. Daniel Bussey can't catch up to a pass against JCA in the Calhoun County Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. 6 Jacksonville 67, No. I felt like, man, JCA came out and hit us in the mouth. Election 2020; Business; Education; History; State; Nation & World; Special Reports; Sports. The Bulldogs didn't allow another point for the rest of the half. No. We were undisciplined, we didnt box out, we reached the whole first half so were in foul trouble the whole game. 2 Anniston 53, No. 11 Faith Christian 25, No. SPRING GARDEN (1-0) Ace Austin 9-15 1-1 18, Olivia Law 1-5 0-0 2, Kristen Lewis 0-2 1-2 1 Donoho made a brief run at the Bulldogs in the third quarter, when Victoria ONeill scored five straight points to trim Piedmonts lead to 30-17, but the Bulldogs had more than enough to hold on for their third straight victory. The 13th-seeded Falcons never got closer than 13 points the rest of the way, but they would not quit. 1 Jacksonville vs. Anniston/Piedmont, 7:30 p.m. Senior Editor Mark Edwards: 256-235-3570. 12 Ohatchee 63, No. 2 Anniston 53, No. Its a big deal for our players, Van Meter said. Heading into the final quarter of play, White Plains had a tight 43-41 lead. "They never gave up. Oxford Joel Van Meter instructs players against Faith Christian in the Calhoun County Basketball Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. Calhoun County Tournament Girls Bracket Semifinals, 3 p.m. We got out and we ran. 1 seeds in this year's Calhoun County Basketball Tournament won't be hitting the floor for the first time until the Wednesday of the tournament, but they will have to win three games in three days to claim the county's most prestigious crown. Piedmont169101449Donoho 93 58 253-point goals: Piedmont 2 (Pope 2); Donoho 3 (V. ONeill 3). They killed us on the boards. 5 Piedmont 73, No. She got the start because of injury. Faith Christian head coach Cory Hughes instructs his team in the Calhoun County Basketball Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. When Jacksonvilles Ashley Grant banked in a 3-pointer from just inside the midcourt line at the first quarter buzzer, it was the first field goal they had allowed since the second quarter of Fridays 46-6 win over Hokes Bluff. 9 Saks, 4:30 p.m.No. Calhoun Journal, AL - Here is East Alabama Sports Today's growing master basketball schedule for the 2022-23 season; be aware some early games will be impacted by football playoffs; will be updated as schedules are received; coaches, forward your schedules to al.muskewitz@gmail.com. 8 Jacksonville Christian vs. No. Eighth-grader Conner Richerzhagen contributed heavily as well, scoring 11 points for the Lions. In the past, teams were prohibited from playing any outside games during the week of the county basketball tournament.The top four seeds on the boys side are Anniston, Oxford, White Plains and Jacksonville. No. Kiara Thomas made a basket, then Layla Tyus followed with another. We just gave out. Faith Christian head coach Cory Hughes has a word with an official in the Calhoun County Basketball Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. 1 Oxford vs. Piedmont/Alexandria, 6 p.m. No. Player of the Year: Kymel Williams - Athens Academy. 1 seed the entire five years Ive been at Oxford and I think theyve earned that respect.Anniston is a very established program. Piedmont's Josie Young looks for an open teammate against Wellborn in the Calhoun County Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. We saw some things we needed to see offensively. 12 Weaver (1-6, 0-4) vs. No. Its just who they are and they do it well. They played really well, Randall said. dakota county covid positivity rate; mother's day creatives by brands; threshold crosby glass shade replacement. These kids play all the sports together and they love each other and they work hard. Pleasant Valley-JCA winner, 2 p.m.No. 8 White Plains (4-5, 1-3) vs. No. Youve got to give them a lot of credit.. The mistakes they make are of youth and they learn from it.In addition to Lele Ridleys big game, sophomore ZHayla Walker added nine points and five rebounds. JACKSONVILLE Donoho, fresh off a win over Faith Christian on Thursday night, had dreams of securing back-to-back wins in the series when the programs met once again in the Calhoun County Tournament on Monday morning. Jacksonville Christian made some major adjustments in the quarter break which defensively meant denying Martin the ball. Rebounds: Spring Garden 33 (Jarrett 6, Kirk 5, Rule 5, Law 5). Sorry, no promotional deals were found matching that code. Not only do the Golden Eagles defend and play above the rim, they also shoot the ball well. It was where it needed to be for us to be satisfied on both ends of the court.. JCA's Braxton Brown drives to the basket against White Plains in the Calhoun County Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. Saks senior Keondre Johnson scored a team-high 10 points and finished with at least four rebounds. We battled and fought as long as we could.. 1 Jacksonville on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. Piedmont 73, Pleasant Valley 50: Alex Odam scored a game-high 24 points for the fifth-seeded Bulldogs, but it was two of his teammates who combined to produce the most exciting play of the night. MVC Coach of the Year (2023) Horizon League Coach of the Year (2014) Skip Prosser Man of the Year Award (2014) First-team All- Conference USA (2001) Brian Wardle (born October 9, 1979) is an American college basketball coach and the current men's basketball coach at Bradley . Tuesday, February 21. His 12 points helped the 12th-seeded Indians jump out to a 17-2 lead. Faith Christian 's Conner Richerzhagen battles with Oxford's Jordan Kelley in the Calhoun County Basketball Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. Coming down there today, I honestly didnt think anything about my knee. 3 Ohatchee vs. No. 8 Saks, 7:30 p.m. No. Semifinals, 7:30 p.m . Oxford's Jaylen Alexander and Faith Christian's Thomas Curlee fight for position in the Calhoun County Basketball Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. With locations in Decatur and Huntsville, Alabama, Calhoun is the largest of the two-year institutions comprising The Alabama Community College System. We had some chemistry problems Thursday that we got figured out, Faith Christian coach Cory Hughes said. I told her not to be nervous," Piedmont coach Terrace Ridley said. She did find one thing she liked, however. access for current print subscribers. Winds light and variable.. A clear sky. White Plains student section cheers on their team in the Calhoun County Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. Even when the reserves got their chance to play, they kept the momentum going. 13 Pleasant Valley 67, No. There was a problem saving your notification. Last season at Pete Mathews Coliseum on the Jacksonville State campus, Oxford won the Calhoun County basketball tournament, ending Anniston's run of five straight titles. Oxford cheerleaders have a good time in the Calhoun County Basketball Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. 21 (at JSU)No. Officials: Stringer, Whiteside, Caldwell. The win broke a six-game losing streak for Alexandria (8-14), which will face fourth-seeded Piedmont in Wednesday's quarterfinals at 6 p.m. Kiker said his players were a "little upset that Piedmont was seeded one slot above them. for 30 days, Free Cam Foushee was a beast on the boards, pulling down 11 rebounds to go with his 11 points.I thought our guys came out great, Ginn said. Its all freshmen and eighth-graders (and the seniors).. 1 seed in the boys tournament.I thought we had gotten off to one of the better starts that we have since Ive been there and I just thought this was our best chance, Brown said. 5 Piedmont. Macey Roper looks for an open teammate against Anniston in the Calhoun County Basketball Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. To cancel you may contact Customer Service @ 256-235-9253 or email ggray@annistonstar.com. 9 Faith Christian 76, No. 4-seeded Anniston and No. The . Xaionna Whitfield drives the ball upcourt against White Plains in the Calhoun County Basketball Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. Hunter Sparks and Jesse Gannaway added nine points apiece. Freshman center Lele Ridley had a double-double in the first half with 12 points and 11 rebounds and she finished with a career-high 24 points, 16 rebounds and six blocked shots. The Lady Warriors finally ended their free throw drought when Audrey Haygood hit a pair to make it 44-41. The Lady Indians never led in the game, but had gotten close several times, but just when it looked they were about to get over the hump, theyd turn it over or otherwise come up empty and Cherokee County would pull back ahead. By Bob Crisp, Daily Home chief photographer, bcrisp@dailyhome.com. "She can really shoot it," Bullock said. No. And away Anniston went, as the Bulldogs try to get back on top of the county. The Raiders responded with another big run, this time scoring 14 unanswered. Jacksonville Christian played really, really hard. Pleasant Valley then stormed out to a 14-4 run in the second period granting them a 25-12 lead at the halftime intermission. I knew what the circumstances were.Oxford coach Melissa Bennett might have debated stronger if her team had beaten Spring Garden for the second time this season Thursday night. 9 Weaver in the Calhoun County Tournament on Monday afternoon. Saks must have taken that personally because the No. I had to try to settle her down because she makes us go.". Weve been working a lot on end-of-game situations the last two week; we do at least two a day, Ginn said. Two of Pesnells 3s came the old-fashioned way a basket and a free throw and the other two came from behind the arc. (All games played Tuesday and Wednesday) Division I Boys. Christian Hall and Jakari Streeter each scored seven in the win. Ranburne vs. Alexandria, 4:30 p.m. Total fouls: Jacksonville 14, Southside 14. 1 is both will play after each other as long as theyre still alive as tournament officials try to do all they can to keep teams together to minimize COVID-19 risks for spectators.As it is, the gym will be cleared after each game to allow venue cleaning with two hours being allowed for each game. High 68F. 2 Oxford (8-4, 3-0) vs. Weaver-Donoho winner, 8 p.m.Jan. 18 (at JSU)No. 3 Alexandria vs. No. SOUTHSIDE 51, JACKSONVILLE 24 Last night (against Southside), we put that behind us. 14 Wellborn 41 No. Wellborn's Anna Odom handles the ball defended by Piedmont's Jaycee Glover in the Calhoun County Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. For first time since 2012, same school nails down No. They stretched the lead out at the end of the second. 4 Anniston vs. No. Starting guard Jill Cockrell added eight. Pleasant Grove Girls Thanksgiving Tournament Technical fouls: Alexandria coach Kiker. "I'm trying to tell her just to shoot it. We know were probably the underdog going in, weve been that way all year, thats just part of it.. It resulted in an incredible 34 efficiency points, more than twice the teams standard for success. We just got to finish it., I had three seconds, so I shouldve taken a little more time and go up and fake it, Davis said. Last year coming down there I was a nervous wreck, she said. 5 Piedmont, 7:30 p.m. Semifinal: Oxford vs. Alexandria-White Plains, 4:30 p.m. Semifinal: Jacksonville/Saks vs. Anniston/Piedmont, 7:30 p.m. Senior Editor Mark Edwards: 256-235-3570. You must be logged in to post a comment However, with each success we are gaining confidence and you can see them getting better. 18 (at JSU)No. JCA's Braxton Brown tries to get past White Plains defender Daniel Bussey in the Calhoun County Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. Thank you for choosing EASportsToday.com "Your Ultimate News Source for Local Sports". Big floor, lots of lights, lots of people here. Totals 8 5-10 21. Those possession changes often resulted in jams by John Broom, Caden Johnson and Cam Johnson. Jacksonville vs. Ohatchee, 3 p.m. Grant led Jacksonville with 16 points, but was the Lady Golden Eagles scorer in double figures. Weaver (7-12) entered the game, having won five of its last six games. Saks will face No. 17Cedar Bluff at Coosa ChristianHandley at Clay CentralJefferson Christian at RaglandRandolph County at Horseshoe BendSand Rock at Gadsden CityCalhoun County TournamentGirls BracketAnniston vs. Piedmont's Ava Pope heads to the basket against Wellborn in the Calhoun County Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. 13 Pleasant Valley 50, No. Officials: Tillery, Baker, Smith. 12 Piedmont vs. No. Purchase an online subscription to our website for, Calhoun Co. tourney: Anniston girls, Jacksonville boys, Oxford boys, girls move into semifinals, By Mark Edwards, Thomas Ashworth and Rip Donovan, Star Sports Writers, 1 year Online Renewal-Current Subscribers. Weaver opened the third quarter scoring back-to-back early baskets cutting the margin to 25-16. It's a great community event," Bennett said. 9 White Plains 60, No. . After that Xai Whitfield took over and scored 12 of her game-high 16 points. No. White Plains head coach Chris Randall keeps on eye on the action against JCA in the Calhoun County Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. Thats kind of the thing at Southside, playing good defense in basketball. It brought tears to my eyes because she's been down on herself because she wants to know how to score. She went 10-for-10 from the field, hit two 3-pointers, and made both her free throws. The Raiders (11-4) had won eight in a row and already had played a game on the Pete Mathews Coliseum floor when they won a first-round game Monday. No matter, because she made a sparkling debut in her first Calhoun County girls basketball tournament Tuesday as second-seeded Anniston took care of seventh-seeded Pleasant Valley 53-32. Rollie, man, he can shoot that thing with the best of them when he gets going, Piedmont head coach Jonathan Odam said. Saks point guard Anthony Bothwell passes to a teammate in the Calhoun County Basketball Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. 3-point goals: Hokes Bluff 1 (Marbut); Alexandria 4 (Walker, Cockrell 2, Hartsfield). 6 Alexandria (5-5, 2-1) vs. Faith-Wellborn winner, 6 p.m.Jan. Faith Christian fans bemoan a tough play in the Calhoun County Basketball Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. Login, EASportsToday.com was developed to provide unmatched coverage of local sports in the East Alabama area. November 3, 2022. Purchase an online subscription to our website for, Calhoun County tourney: Piedmont's, White Plains' boys, girls sweep lead the day, By Tyler Waldrep, Preston Odam, Jared Gravette and Mark Edwards, Star Sports Writers, 1 year Online Renewal-Current Subscribers. 9 Saks (0-1, 0-1), 10 a.m.No. The Lady Panthers scored a bunch of points, got around to playing defense the way Austin likes to see it once they got into the game and held the Lady Bulldogs to five points in the second half. The run granted JCA a 29-28 lead heading into halftime. Keziah Mickler heads upcourt against White Plains in the Calhoun County Basketball Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. 1 seeds in Calhoun County Basketball Tournament brackets. It was such a bad experience - she missed that entire 2020-21 season - she was reluctant to return to the Champions floor and was noticeably uncomfortable playing Oxford again in last year's tournament opener. 5 Sacred Heart, 7:30 p.m.Girls gamesNo. 8 Jacksonville Christian 52, No. Calhoun County, AL - Here are the brackets for the Calhoun County Tournament that starts Friday at Jacksonville State Skip to content Facebook Twitter Instagram Created by potrace 1.16, written by Peter Selinger 2001-2019 Last year, thats all I could think about. High School; Weavers Aaliyah Marks layup with a little over two minutes in the third stopped the run, but the damage was done as Pleasant Valley led 39-18 nearing the end of the third. Calhoun County 75, Hannan 9. Yeah, (Handley) is one common opponent, but I dont think that takes away from their whole body of work.CALHOUN COUNTY BOYS BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT(Times TBA)(Overall, county records as of noon Dec. 18)Jan. 16 (at Saks HS)No. I do everything as if were down because thats the time youve got to be focused. 11 Jacksonville Christian 45, No. White Plains guard Daniel Bussey hits a three-pointer against JCA in the Calhoun County Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. Broom led Jacksonville in scoring with 25 points and added four steals, three assists and four rebounds. Her great start helped the Wildcats jump out to a 19-9 first quarter lead. 2023 Calhoun County Basketball Tournament QuarterfinalsGame 1: Jacksonville vs OhatcheeGame 2: White Plains vs AlexandriaGame 3: Alexandria vs PiedmontGame 4. Totals 35-64 5-9 80. Final. 7 Pleasant Valley 53, No. Piedmont's Jaycee Glover dribbles upcourt against Wellborn in the Calhoun County Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. JCA head coach Tommy Miller instructs players against White Plains in the Calhoun County Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. Sports Today - East Alabama Local Sports. The Raiders (11-4) had won eight in a row and already had played a game on the Pete Mathews Coliseum floor when they won a first-round game Monday. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. Randall chose to let a guard defend Moses in the second half, and the Wildcats held him to five points after the break. All gates in the coliseum will be open to help promote social distancing.Typically, the tournament would be seeded Jan. 3. The all-state guard also drew the defensive assignment on Ranburne ace Briley Merrill and held her to eight points. Brown nominated his team without opposition. That's the last time the Raiders had the advantage. Pisgah at R1 #1 Irwin County. Rebekah Gannaway had 10 points, and Kianna Hester added five. Xaionna Whitfield gets inside position to score against White Plains in the Calhoun County Basketball Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. 4 Piedmont vs. No. He did really well. JACKSONVILLE - Trey Pesnell got Ohatchee going with four three-point plays in the first quarter to help the Indians open a 15-point lead over Donoho on the way to a 78-56 win in the boys opener of the 69 th annual Calhoun County Basketball Tournament. Saks guard Deontae Elstontries to power by a Jacksonville defender in the Calhoun County Basketball Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. Freshman Whitney McFry scored no points, but hauled down even rebounds. We had a tough game last night and I was worried how we would play. Saks 44, Weaver 30:Weaver senior Jackson Williams drained a 3-pointer in the final six seconds of the first half to give the Bearcats a slim lead. It was two years ago this round Kirk suffered a torn ACL in her right knee slamming into the goal support here early in the second quarter of their tournament game against Oxford. 14 Wellborn (0-1, 0-0), noonNo. Low 41F. Ace Austin added 18 points and 10 assists to the winning box score. 2020. 11 Jacksonville Christian 70, No. Don't Miss. Anniston (12-9) actually trailed 9-8 early in the second quarter when Pleasant Valley's Ella Kate Parris sank a basket for a brief lead. 6 Saks (2-0, 2-0) vs. Donoho-Wellborn winner, noonNo. We dont have much of a bench so I played six guys thats about all that could play against them and the third and fourth quarters it showed. 4 Piedmont vs. No. White Plains 60, Jacksonville Christian 52: White Plains girls came out victorious against Jacksonville Christian in a slugfest to advance in the Calhoun County tournament. Alexandria finished strong, too. Comer, 6 p.m.Small School Boys BracketFayetteville vs. Talladega Co. Central, 4:30 p.m.B.B. 6 White Plains 71, No. 6 Jacksonville 67, No. No matter, because she made a sparkling debut in her first Calhoun County girls basketball tournament Tuesday as second-seeded Anniston took care of seventh-seeded Pleasant Valley. Greenforest 67. 8 Weaver 52 Saturdays Games The fast start allowed Ridley to unload the bench early. Sorry, no promotional deals were found matching that code. I thought it was going to be wide open. I cant wait for Monday. 11 Jacksonville Christian 70, No. In addition to her game-saving block, Gaidurgis led Cherokee County with 13 points. Anniston's Jayda Fomby heads upcourt against Pleasant Valley in the Calhoun County Basketball Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. Pleasant Valley-Weaver, 3 p.m.Oxford vs. Jacksonville Christian-White Plains winner, 6 p.m.Boys BracketOxford vs. Faith-Donoho winner, 4:30 p.m.Jacksonville vs. Saks-Weaver winner, 7:30 p.m.Talladega County TournamentSmall School Girls BracketTCC-Fayetteville winner vs. Childersburg, 4:30 p.m.Small School Boys BracketFayetteville-TCC winner vs. Childersburg, 6 p.m.Big School Boys BracketSylacauga vs. Munford, 7:30 p.m.Etowah County Tournament, GlencoeGirls BracketWest End vs. Gaston, 5 p.m.Boys BracketWest End vs. Gaston, 6:30 p.m.Jan. 9 White Plains, 6 p.m. No. Davis hit a shot in the lane with 13 seconds left to make it 42-41. JACKSONVILLE Piedmonts Ava Pope buried a couple of 3s to help her team jump out to a quick 10-0 lead and then the Bulldogs dominated on the boards the rest of the way Friday night rolling to a 49-25 victory over Donoho. Weaver's Jackson Williams puts up a shot in the lane against Saks in the Calhoun County Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. WASHINGTON Boeing Co. Chief Executive Dave Calhoun will not receive a $7 million bonus due to the company's failure to enter the 777X into service by the end of 2023, Boeing said Friday . 2 Anniston vs. Ohatchee/Jacksonville, 3 p.m. Semifinal: Oxford/White Plains vs. Piedmont/Alexandria, 6 p.m. No. 12 Ohatchee vs. No. Weve been talking all week about building a culture, Hokes Bluff coach Evan Talbot said. Please make sure to . Barksdale contributed 12 points and three steals. 10 Donoho 50, No. Organizers brought the coaches together this early partly for administrative purposes and partly because most of the teams arent playing games during the holiday season for COVID-related restrictions.In a bow to the times, for this year only teams will be allowed to play outside competition without penalty once they are eliminated from the tournament. JCAs Cam Moses scored 15 of his game-high 20 points in the first half. I just think we had to get adjusted, Saks coach Jonathan Miller said. Christian Hall puts up a 3-pointer against Weaver in the Calhoun County Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. Oxford bench celebrates win against Faith Christian in the Calhoun County Basketball Tournament at Pete Mathews Coliseum at JSU. 8 Saks, 7:30 p.m. No. 2022-23 Basketball. From late in the third quarter to the final buzzer, the Cubs outscored Saks 12-1, with bench players carrying the load. We gave up 16 points in the second quarter and eight in the third quarter, so just defensively, we got after it a little bit better. Totals: 33 5-7 78.DONOHO Jackson Barnett 0 0-0 0, Nick Goad 0 0-0 0, Amari Smedley 12 4-10 28, Grant Steed 4 0-0 9, Dorien Johnikken 0 0-0 0, Drew Williamson 4 4-5 15, Sam Payne 0 0-0 0, Dean Harrell 0 0-0 0, Connor Goodson 1 0-0 2, Brady Patterson 1 0-2 2,Richard Goad 0 0-0 0. HOKES BLUFF 41, ALEXANDRIA 31 Pintos 14 points included a buzzer-beating 3-point heave to end the third quarter, and Bethel finished the night with 13 points. Buzan said he didnt think his guys got to 10 slams but eight was about where they were. 3-point goals: Cherokee Co. 2 (Johnson, Garmany); Ohatchee 2 (McFry, Barchin). SPRING GARDEN 80, RANBURNE 21 Ohatchee coach Bryant Ginn pulled his starters a couple of times in the final quarter, but had to put them back in as Donoho would begin to rally, Pesnell returned and hit a couple quick baskets to stretch the lead. No. 13 Jacksonville Christian (1-4, 0-1), 4 p.m.Jan. Drake Kucharik - Loganville Christian. 10 Donoho. SPRING GARDEN 80, RANBURNE 21:As far as season openers go, this one was about as good as Spring Garden coach Ricky Austin could have expected, a B-plus or A-minus in the way he looke at things. 15 Wellborn, 1:30 p.m.No. By Al MuskewitzEast Alabama Sports TodayTorry Brown has never campaigned for a seeding at the Calhoun County Basketball Tournament meeting but Friday he was prepared to lobby hard for his Anniston boys team to be the No. Were not doing some drill that we dont have to do; its always game-like stuff. And away Anniston went, as the Bulldogs try to get back on top of the county. Comer vs. Winterboro, 7:30 p.m.Etowah County Tournament, GlencoeGirls BracketHokes Bluff vs. Sardis, 5:30 p.m.Boys BracketSouthside vs. Glencoe, 7 p.m.Jan. This service allows you continued access past our online paywall for the duration of your subscription. A lot of people dont understand the pressure theyre under and the expectations theyre under because we have such a gap.
Oswego Palladium Times Obituaries, Articles C