Although the official spelling of the town's name is "Foxborough", the shorter spelling was used for the stadium. Got home around 3 AM. Also had the 8 track in the car as well as home. I was there as well. New Kids on The Block brought The Magic Summer Tour to the stadium on July 29 and July 31, 1990. At some point during his set he had this water bag type thing that he started to squirt out into the fans up front, swinging it around then letting it go flying into the crowd. The crowd went wild as he finished with three finales, Saturday Nights Alright for Fighting, Your Song, and Pinball Wizard. On 4 July 1976, Elton played Schaefer Stadium near Boston. However, the stadium would instead play host to the first season of the Tom Brady and Bill Belichick era, with the team making a run to get into the playoffs and going on to win their first Super Bowl. When I saw him on July 4 1976 in Foxboro it was just amazing, the day, the concert, it was special you know? As the concert was ending, the roar of the crowd was deafening, and then we knew what all the scampering was about fireworks employees making last minute wiring checks because as the lights came up, the fireworks show started blasting all around us. Laugh. Two words rapt amazement. Elton was slipping down the rabbit hole. Well , I thought I was getting a counterfeit ticket but gave him a 10 bill. John. I saw the sign light up all sparkles to outline Eltons face at his keyboard just behind stage. Wow what a summer and what a night. [2] Contents 1 History 1.1 Seating Capacity 2 Playing surface Find the perfect peter guenter stock photo, image, vector, illustration or 360 image. Strolling across the Massachusetts Ave. bridge repeating the lyrics to Holiday Inn. Harry Sinden of the Bruins walked across the ice and got a great ovation. Thank you! Well of course I did but there were too many people on the field. Elton John performed at the venue in front of 62,000 on US Bicentennial on July 4, 1976. Wow, John, you definitely have me beat with your number of Elton concerts! Chicago's 1975 Concert History. My first concert. I later heard he had stopped by a local bar afterwards and was partying a bit. Most patrons had to sit on backless aluminum benches (or like still done in the lower Lambeau Field bowl today, rent or bring in their own stadium cushions and portable chairbacks, especially in cold weather), as only a small fraction of the seats had permanent chairbacks (painted blue, red and white near the 50-yard line). The Spirit of '76. Im sure the Pops were glimmering that year, but what we got was ELECTRIC!!! Now you can Crocodile Rock forever! You want to get closer? he said. Part-way through this leg of the tour, Ray Cooper fell ill and was forced to miss roughly a dozen shows. The $2, [Commissioner of Parks August Heckscher] said, would have been 'too expensive for a lot of New Yorkers. I was there too. Just found this and wanted to leave my memories. I remember my brother lighting one of those when the lights went out and people held up lighters. She said give me a piece of paper, So I tore off a piece of teletype paper I carried for copying clearances and handed it to her. I was 14 and my dad made sure i got a ticket and a ride to the stadium for my favorite rock star ELTON JOHN, on the most important day in American history. I discovered Elton in 1973 after hearing Bennie and the Jets for the first time. My favorite Elton John program, from the 1974 tour featuring brilliant art by Jacques Benoit. NOTE: Preparing this blog post I dug out some of my Elton memorabilia. The Johan Cruyff Arena (Dutch: Johan Cruijff Arena [jo kryf arena]; officially stylised as Johan Cruijff ArenA) is the main stadium of the Dutch capital city of Amsterdam and the home stadium of football club AFC Ajax since its opening. People had them in the stadium! After all these years, this is the one concert I will always remember and be so happy I went to. . [6][7] Art Garfunkel and George Harrison also appear as non-performers. Will we ever have anything like this again? It planted tons of seeds for our careers and life, and 40 years later, Mike has had a great career as a Disc Jockey (including 92 PRO-FM) and is a professor who teaches the history and business of radio, and I have worked as a producer and promoter with amazing artists including Christina Aguilera, The Beach Boys, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and many many othersand that weekend with Elton John definitely was a central moment (among many great ones along the journey) that paved the way for the life we have now. I was all of 10 years old and we were able to get within about 25 yards of the stage. I bought everything of his that I could get. New . . We were the lucky ones! This was back in the day before crowd control measures were implemented. No one seemed to mind us snaking through the crowd. Construction began on September 23, 1970 and was completed in just under a year for the start of the 1971 NFL season. I was there too! My uncle surprised us with tickets for the boys to go to the Sox game and 2 tickets for me and his daughter to see Elton John. Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is. I was so close I could reach out and touch his costume, if I dared, which I didnt. Elton John has just one concert at Schaefer Stadium on 4 July 1976. You're not alone in this town. It was the best Fourth of July ever. It was originally named Schaefer Stadium after the Schaefer Brewing Company. It happened between my sophomore and junior year and UMaine when I was living and working in Portland. We arrived in the early afternoon & went in as soon as the gates opened. I had no idea at the time, but looking back, it was the best of times. L'ancien gardien de but yougoslave et nouvel entraneur des Lions est ce qui peut arriver de mieux au jeune Thomas. Out of the blue he said that he had an extra ticket to the concert and asked if I was interested. He pounced across the stage in shimmering silver sequins with fireworks spouting from his crown. It was one of the best concert I ever saw the only other concert I saw a bed it was Pink Floyd The Wall at Nassau Coliseum and if anyone saw that theyll vouch for me thanks for the memory, I cant quite understand everything youre saying Mike but I totally concur with your first sentence! To hear songs like Where To Now St. Peter, Ticking, Empty Garden,Teacher I Need You,and so many others when his voice was still perfect I will never forget. Wish there was a video out there of the concert. Schaefer Stadium Concert History Foxboro, Massachusetts, United States 1 Concert Concerts Photos Schaefer Stadium Concerts Latest Photos View All Photos Chicago / The Beach Boys Jun 29, 1975 Uploaded by Zimtrim Chicago / The Beach Boys Jun 29, 1975 Uploaded by Live Rock Top Genres 2 users have been to Schaefer Stadium including: Zimtrim Metallica and Guns N' Roses brought the Guns N' Roses/Metallica Stadium Tour to the stadium on September 11, 1992, with Faith No More as their opening act. montana frost depth map; Hola mundo! Yeah, I took my passion for Elton and ran with it, apparently. God love the schedulers who brought Elton to Foxboro, Massachusetts on July 4, 1976!!! The last time I saw him was in 2006 at an Oracle Conference in San Francisco which was more of an intimate party for 10,000 techies. I LOVE Elton John, and have always enjoyed hearing my dad relay the story about the day he and the crew transported Elton and his band . Outside the stadium it was like a carnival. 7/30/1972. It was our nations Bicentennial celebration. Incredible show!!! We couldn't celebrate YES or Prog Rock without flashing back to one of the largest concerts in Philadelphia history, the 1976 BiCentential Concert at JFK Stadium featuring YES, Peter Frampton & Gary Wright. History. Someone Saved My Life Tonight An omnivorous couple's perspective on all things om-nomable in Fairfield County, CT. where the coffee shop ends & the cooking begins. And after all these years, its sheer electricity has never been beat. i had my first born Tyeasha R. Rivers Terry, yes it was a beautiful day that Ill never forget. Available for both RF and RM licensing. The field was PACKED. A wonderful surprise was when he brought out Kiki Dee to sing I Got the Music in Me and to join him on Dont Go Breaking My Heart. Our tickets were general admission, not for specific seats, so we plunked ourselves down on the football field all day. We arrived well after 2AM in town & Pati lived on campus. Schaefer Stadium hosted Elton John on July 4, 1976, as well as Boz Scaggs, The Eagles, and Fleetwood Mac on July 25, 1976. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. It was the best Fourth of July ever. I remember myself and two other guys skipping school to go into the Garden to wait for tickets. When we got there, the gates were already open, so no yelling. . But the Patriots weren . We had nice loge seats facing the stage I think they cost $16. Indian Hills Cross Country and Track and Field practice at this facility through a partnership with the Ottumwa Community School District. Some nice memories there, thanks for sharing! Ill never forget it either. The venue hosted numerous significant soccer matches, including six games in the 1994 FIFA World Cup. Indeed, before the Patriots arrived, numerous previous attempts at pro football in Boston had been stymied by the lack of a pro-caliber stadium. Mar 15, . It frequently took an hour or more to leave after games, due to its location on a then-undivided four-lane portion of U.S. Route 1. Mar 29, 2023 The GRATEFUL DEAD Poster Hollywood Bowl Concert Poster $6. Hi to all of the true Elton fans who were there on July 4 1976, along with all the other great concerts he performed in those years. It was a low point for him. Like The Beach Boys with 2 concerts has current record on Schaefer Stadium, historial concerts and more. I had founded an Elton John Fan Club called SNAFF (Saturday Nights Alright for Fighting), and designed a T-shirt with Eltons birth name Reggie Dwight emblazoned on the front. Eltons gold rimed glasses were easily seen in his seat as he watched the crowda reaction. [8] In order to host the FIFA World Cup (and later, the New England Revolution), several rows of seats were removed to accommodate a soccer pitch with acceptable dimensions to FIFA.[43]. Hell yes I want those tickets! Empty Sky The Beatles Shea Stadium August 23, 1966 Ticket. Hi George, what a great story! Insanely amazing vantage point. During heavy rains, the numerous unpaved spots in the parking lot turned to mud. If you are interested please contact me at pgay@wiltonbulletin.com. I had such a good time !!! By crossing over with Broadway scores such as The Lion King, the younger generation loves Elton too. Was blown away with John Miles & Dave Masons performance. I will never forget where I was, who I was with, or what I did. Years later, Elton revealed he wasnt sick but was heavily into drugs at that time, so his performances were sketchy. I still turn up the car radio when I hear them.After Boz was done my friend said to me Do you think Elton will use that black piano for his show? I laughed and said No way. ", The tour concluded in mid-August with a record-breaking seven sold-out nights at Madison Square Garden. Ray Cooper Percussion (He got sick at beginning of tour and was out for most of it. I wonder. Schaefer Stadium Concert History Foxborough, Massachusetts, United States 2 Concerts Concerts Photos Schaefer Stadium Concerts Latest Photos View All Photos Louder Than Concorde (But Not Quite as Pretty) Jul 04, 1976 Uploaded by Tom Milligan Louder Than Concorde (But Not Quite as Pretty) Jul 04, 1976 Uploaded by Tom Milligan But a few decades ago, the majority of the devastation occurred off the field. For the next 2 and 1/2 hours he had everyone in the palm of his hand. Encores record. The festival was sponsored by Rheingold Breweries until 1968, when the task was handled by F. & M. Schaefer Brewing Company. Schaefer Stadium (19711983)Sullivan Stadium (19831989)Foxboro Stadium (1989-2002) Demolished in 2002 and replaced by Gillette Stadium and the Patriot Place shopping center. The Spirit of '76. Concerts. The stadium, however, lapsed into bankruptcy and was bought by paper magnate Robert Kraft. Dave Mason Schaefer Stadium, Foxborough, MA - Jul 4, 1976 Jul 04 1976 Following concerts Dave Mason Frost Amphitheater, Stanford, CA - Jul 18, 1976 Jul 18 1976 Dave Mason Concord Pavilion, Concord, CA - Jul 19, 1976 Jul 19 1976 Last updated: 6 Feb 2023, 01:24 Etc/UTC 6 people were there I was there too Dmassguy GayeMarvin kevinaitch pjc1 suze_ct Oranjebloesem "Oranjebloesem" / 999999999 / Benny Rodrigues / Chris Stussy / Cincity / Colyn / Cynthia Spiering / De Sluwe Vos / Dion / I Hate Models / Lee Ann Roberts Olympic Stadium: Over the years a Who's Who of superstars of the popular music scene performed there. In all my years, I cant think of a better concert experience than that one. Nov 24, Liverpool Stadium, Liverpool, UK (with The Family & Jeff Dexter) . I brag to this day about this concertIt was my first one. The Garden went crazy!!! Most notably 1982. When the Sullivan family went into bankruptcy after sponsoring the Jackson's "Victory" Tour, Kraft bought the stadium. Very basic stage setup with a black piano. Eagles at Schaefer Stadium, Foxborough, MA, USA, Boz Scaggs at Schaefer Stadium, Foxborough, MA, USA, Fleetwood Mac at Schaefer Stadium, Foxborough, MA, USA, Dave Mason at Schaefer Stadium, Foxborough, MA, USA, Elton John at Schaefer Stadium, Foxborough, MA, USA, Louder Than Concorde But Not Quite As Pretty, John Miles at Schaefer Stadium, Foxborough, MA, USA, The Allman Brothers Band at Schaefer Stadium, Foxborough, MA, USA, Chicago at Schaefer Stadium, Foxborough, MA, USA, The Beach Boys at Schaefer Stadium, Foxborough, MA, USA, Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy. This leg of the tour, which included a midnight show in Glasgow, ended on 4 June in Cardiff. Like you, this event was the thrill of a lifetime for me as well. [18] Although the official spelling of the town's name is "Foxborough", the shorter spelling was used for the stadium.[19]. It was spectacular !The fireworks at midnitethe whole day was just breathtakingYes, we remember him coming into the stadium by helicopter.Dave Mason and Traffic? Mar 30, 2023 Schaefer Music Festival at Harvard Stadium Handbill. Billie Jean King sang backing vocals and Elton slipped Holiday Inn in to the 20-song set list, a unique event on this tour. I was there! Which Elton song comes to mind today folks ? Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy Was 18 and living in Stow and just graduated from NRHS. As a result, when Kiam himself was crippled by financial troubles, he sold the Patriots to James Orthwein in 1992. I think they gave us wristbands and the entire stadium section was filled with people waiting for tickets.
, [url=https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/elton-john/1976/schaefer-stadium-foxborough-ma-33dce49d.html][img]https://www.setlist.fm/widgets/setlist-image-v1?id=33dce49d[/img][/url] Jones, the FBI agent, announced the remains discovered by . The only hitch: The show started at 7 a.m. And filming for a movie would mean the headliner wouldn't finish until after 5. Thanks for your post. I was just a skinny little guy and got myself 5 feet from the stage, it was horrible to be sandwiched there alone, but it was where i needed to be. Add setlist, 14 activities (last edit by first25q, 22 Oct 2019, 01:44 Etc/UTC). Amazing isnt it how this one concert has impacted so many people. One of the guards watched us outside the fence for about 15 minutes or so and then he opened the gate and let us in for free. Additionally, in 1994, the Drum Corps International World Championships were held in the stadium. Sharon has treasured it all these years and sent me a pic of it but I cant figure out how to get it to you! In Stadium Firsts, we look at programs and other ephemera marking the debut of sports teams in their home venues. Joe Sia photo. I remember fireworks too. Age 17. I had the presence of mind to jot down every song he played and noted when Billie Jean King came out for Philadelphia Freedom. The official facilities page for the Arizona State University Sun Devils It was amazing, especially considering it was the first concert I ever went to. You could hear the guitars and his piano being checked behind the curtain to make sure they were tuned and ready. It is a splendid life. Curtains A group of 16 years old girls who sat near me agreed to give me a lift and they took me home. Its seating capacity was inadequateonly about 40,000 for footballand many seats had obstructed views. What an amazing concert. The festival name was changed to Dr. Pepper Music Festival after the move away from Central Park in 1981. So happy to have found this blog. Eltons entrance being dropped from the helicopter was spectacular. As a result, the stadium was not demolished until late January 2002, after the conclusion of the 2001 postseason. http://www.bignoisenow.com. Aug. 28, 1977. And most importantly to those who love children. He said to me What took you so long ! At 17, I had been an Elton John fan my whole teen life. It was our nation's Bicentennial celebration. It was our nation's Bicentennial celebration. And Elton was on his A game. Glad everyone who has responded to this blog post remembers it so well too! We had alot of fun on the way and were excited not knowing what we were about to see.This was the first concert of my life and to see my idol in person was unbelievable. Attending Northeastern University @ the time my (girl) friend & I caught a bus @ the Boston Commons for the trip to Foxboro. I remember that the ticket cost 10 dollars, and that when the concert ended not so late, at about 11 pm, i had to find a way to get back to Newton where my family lived (I was a tourist from Israel). Autore dell'articolo: Articolo pubblicato: 16/06/2022 Categoria dell'articolo: tippmann stormer elite mods Commenti dell'articolo: the contrast by royall tyler analysis the contrast by royall tyler analysis Guestpectacular Events; Artists; Festivals ; Places ; Covid-19; Terms; Login with Spotify ; Espaol Elton John concerts at Schaefer Stadium on Foxborough Elton John has just one concert at Schaefer Stadium on . Over the next several years, there were regular changes in the line-up but by 1975, a stable lineup emerged with Peter Green, Mick Fleetwood, John and Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, and Stevie Nicks becoming the core line-up of Fleetwood Mac. I remember asking this girl in my homeroom that Id always liked but never dated (she had a boyfriend) to go and she said yes. Its great hearing about everyones experience. Roger Pope Drums Your story was so similar to my own. July 4, 1976. Six of us jumped in a car in Portland Maine and headed out, getting there while Dave Mason was playing his set. Stadion . It's Over Edit setlist Jul 25 1976 Fleetwood Mac at Schaefer Stadium, Foxborough, MA, USA Artist: Fleetwood Mac , Tour: Fleetwood Mac , Venue: Schaefer Stadium, Foxborough, MA, USA Say You Love Me Go Your Own Way Rhiannon Landslide Over My Head World Turning Hypnotized I'm So Afraid Oh Well Edit setlist Jul 25 1976 Mark stood behind me, held me, swaying. blicherweise sind jedoch schon lange vor Beginn der Saison alle Tickets ausverkauft, weshalb viele Karten bei Ebay oder auf dem Schwarzmarkt verkauft werden. [1] The cost of the annual music festival was about $500,000, and admissions, at $1 per person in 1968, were expected to bring in $250,000 to $270,000 for the summer program, leaving a deficit, picked up by Schaefer, of more than $200,000. Inexpensive tickets, which started at $1 in 1967 and rose to only $3 by 1976, further contributed to the event's popularity. In this day and age, we all need a little Elton to raise our spirits! I cant recall the name of the flight attendant, but she played a key role in how the story unfolds. Elton doesnt do a plain black piano. What a special moment in time! If you know your music history, the two have only ever played together once, on July 25, 1976, at Schaefer Stadium in Foxboro, MA. Thats one reason I feel somewhat responsible for making him a gazillionaire. Holiday Inn Well , three years later I finally got my chance to see him. I remember thinking that after they cleared the stage after Dave that nothing was being set up for Elton and it would never get going. The group had chartered a New York Airways 30 passenger Sikorsky s-61 helicopter for the round trip. The duo became instant starters for the Patriots and helped solidify New England's most noticeable weakness in the defensive backfield. Home; About; Program; FAQ; Registration; Sponsorship; Contact; Home; About; Program; FAQ; Registration; Sponsorship . . Well, it turned out to be one of my greatest memories. Jul, 1976 1976 25 Jul. I couldnt believe it! alias Schaefer Stadium (1971-1982) . Were same age with similar taste in music I feel. When they finally opened the gates to let us in it was like a stampede with everyone running to the football field to try to get up close. I was never so happy to be drenched. Love Song Schaefer Stadium, Foxborough, MA, United States Jul 25, 1976 Fleetwood Mac Schaefer Stadium, Foxborough, MA - Jul 25, 1976 Jul 25 1976 Eagles Schaefer Stadium, Foxborough, MA - Jul 25, 1976 Jul 25 1976 Dave Mason Schaefer Stadium, Foxborough, MA - Jul 25, 1976 Jul 25 1976 Boz Scaggs Schaefer Stadium, Foxborough, MA - Jul 25, 1976 Jul 25 1976 Had great seats on the right side. Awesome concert. By which I mean sitting in the car for what felt like six hours while we all tried to navigate out of the dirt parking lot. Graduate of Framingham North High class of 75 and still a great fan of Elton. Thanks so much for your comments! It was a mob scene. His music is timeless. ), The Boston Patriots played the 1969 season at Alumni Stadium at Boston College in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, and the 1970 season, their first in the NFL, at Harvard Stadium in Boston's Allston neighborhood. Forsix seasons, 196368, the Patriots played in Fenway Park, home of baseball's Boston Red Sox. I waited until I was about 30 to tell my Mom that part of the day. Best Deal EVER! James Newton-Howard Keyboards We sat in the stands to the right of the stage and watched the copter land at the dog track. I bought them too, and then I bought the cassettes and DVDs. I was consumed by him and his music. When the moment was right he ran onto the stage and jumped on his red , white and blue glittered piano.He had so much energy and was all over the stage when he could. Wow, this thread took a wonderful turn not long ago! We got something special. They also played a three-night sold-out stand in May 1994 on their The Division Bell Tour which was recorded and readily available on bootleg. I wish I could remember that portrait of Elton in the fireworks, but unfortunately, I dont. It was an extraordinary experience that Ill never forget. [6] As darkness fell, we saw shadowy figures scampering to and fro across the field and were puzzled as to what they were doing. Lot: 2710 - 1976 Tumbler, Schaefer Tin Beer Mug, Cudahy Playing cards, Whiskey Jug with original corn cob . I was 19, had my sister Diane 18, her friend 18, who had her sisters 17& 16. Got home around 6AM knowing I had been a part of something big. Also 24 ounce beers? I was the copilot of the helicopter that brought the group up to Foxboro from JFK. [42] Stadium officials were forced to augment the permanent toilets with rented portable toilets for the rest of the stadium's existence. Schaefer Stadium hosted Elton John on July 4, 1976, as well as Boz Scaggs, The Eagles, and Fleetwood Mac on July 25, 1976. It was the FIRST concert I ever went to. Mar 30, 2023 Schaefer Music Festival at Harvard Stadium Handbill. Some 38 years later, still remember this 4Th Thanks for the pix Pat !! We were so lucky werent we? Thanks for sharing. 1975 June 18: Bob Marley & The Wailers June 20: Journey June 21: Montrose; Leslie West; Thee Image June 25: Mirabai; Jim Dawson; Robert Klein June 28 Earl Scruggs Revue; Emmylou Harris and Hot Band July 2: Dave Mason; Pousette-Dart Band July 5: Blood, Sweat & Tears July 9: Bee Gees w/ Revelation July 14: The Marshall Tucker Band July 16: Three Dog Night July 21: Brownsville Station; Slade July .
24848 Long Valley Rd, Hidden Hills, Ca 91302, Corid Powder Dosage For Puppies, Private Chef Highlands, Nc, Humphreys County, Tn Zoning Map, Articles S