I was 1v1ing a friend and capped back down to 188 and it became crystal clear despite being half the frames. Click Advanced Launch Options and you can insert commands now. This means if your monitor is 144Hz, don't cap to 180 fps. 4) Click Advanced Launch Options. Look at this comparison for Apex's ingame framerate limit using fps_max set to 180 versus RTSS set to 180: https://i.imgur.com/zbISaed.png The green line at the bottom shows the frametime graphs, Everyone who is interested in input lag, latency, g-sync and the likes should be looking at BattleNonsense's videos about all of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msOWcvoIC8M. Be aware that any value past medium might have an impact on the fps, so if you want to maximize them be sure to select 3GB even if you have more VRAM. Making sure that the game is only using around 90% of your gpu maximum is also really important for smooth input. This command is used to set the Resolution height of your Apex Legends game. Anyways, that's it for this extra comment. Entering this command in Steam or Launch will show you the frame per second rate while playing the game. The stories of bad G-Sync experiences where people say it's terrible is usually just from misunderstanding how it works and not setting it up properly. Yo wtf this is sweet bro thank u for taking the time to do this. Due to the hacker issue in Call of Duty Warzone becoming more toxic than ever, many high-profile content creators like Nickmercs and TimtheTatman have decided to invest their time into Apex. Able to change cursor size. To be sure it doesn't go over, and optimize performance/fluidity I cap to 180 myself. Clean system using cleanmgr.exe or CCleaner. That's how we found out running Apex in admin mode, which is called "Elevated Permissions State" by Windows, made the game feel immediately much more responsive. Set RTSS's "framerate limit" to the same, or 1 below. I use Notepad++. Reflex doesn't work properly, there's the microstutter, they use wrong names for their V-Sync options, their V-sync options don't even do what they say they do.. the list goes on. This is recommended if your windows keep re-adjusting to borderless Fullscreen or any other setting. This is setup is guaranteed to give you stable frametimes and as high fps as your hardware allows for. If you can get 140 fps inside a building but it drops to 70 while you're fighting, you will still feel the jank from the sudden change in fps and the increase in input lag. If still not satisfied with the result look into CPU/GPU/RAM overclocking possibilities. Go to My Game Library. This setup should only be used if you absolutely have to. Your in-game settings for Apex should look like this. -threads (number) Number of CPU threads to allocate. First, open the origin launcher of the game. Configure Best Apex Legends Settings. Here's how to do it: Open Origin. Setting FPS cap higher than 190 causes micro stutter. Disable steam from precaching the shaders before Dota 2 launches. apex Commands Use the apex commands to create Apex classes, execute anonymous blocks, view your logs, run Apex tests, and view Apex test results. Here are. With this guide, you can be assured you have the proper settings applied and the only "problems" is your hardware and maybe slow internet. Weve mentioned these commands in the below section. Everything I have explained so far is totally legit and will improve your performance without causing issues, but there are more tools at our disposal. I could not play with the g sync set up. Forces Dota to run on OpenGL. F.lux will be applied in Fullscreen), Force run on 32bit client. Nvidia Reflex is new tech made to work in tandem with VRR, and if you think VRR is awful you likely haven't played with it set up properly, or with Nvidia Reflex. Decides the screen data will run on in Linux. They don't know the microstutter is no more. It syncs your fps to your monitor's refreshrate. Hence, to make every change you wish in the Apex Legends, follow the below process. Apex CLI, the Apache Apex command line interface, can be used to launch, monitor, and manage Apache Apex applications. IMPORTANT NOTE !!! Open Origin and click on "My Game Library.". Open the Origin Launcher. Just to let you know - capping frame rate using the ingame limiter can actually reduce input lag depending on how it's implemented on the specific game (idk about Apex). Remember; these settings won't fix low fps. If youre a veteran Apex Legends player, you probably know how much system resources your game drains when it plays the intro video at startup. Use Fullscreen, not borderless windowed. Compatibility > Change high DPI settings > check "override high DPI scaling behavior." +cl_showfps 4 Shows FPS in-game. You can check if Apex is Elevated in Task Manager. Super useful command option to have. It's actually a great way to know that Reflex is actually working. The depth of field effect when you aim down sight (ADS); change it to 0. I personally do not use this command line. Technically Reflex steps in for Latency Mode "ON". Open "game library" Right-click on Apex Legends and select "Game Properties" select "advanced" and put the command line argument +fps_max 60 to lock it at 60 fps, similarly, you can increase or decrease it by choice 2) Anti Cheat priority Launch Apex Legends Press ctrl+shift+escape Using Adaptive allows us to cap fps a little higher than what Reflex's "safe zone" is. Now, go to the game properties section. force:apex:class:create Creates an Apex class in the specified directory or the current working directory. This also applies to other source games (ex. Setting FPS cap higher than 190 causes micro stutter. Being a gamer, you may already know how important it is to use the correct launch options for Apex Legends. You can go for lower setting than this, but it will come at a high price *If you feel comfortable lower your FOV for some fps increase. This can also be done by the Task Manager. If you don't see a reason to try this, just use the main setup instead. Run Steam / Origin as Admin. Community for discussion of the competitive scene & play of the free-to-play battle royale game Apex Legends from Respawn Entertainment. Reducing latency in CPU bound scenarios by further pacing the CPU and increasing GPU clocks. That's life. That's why the main setup suggests you use the NVCP's V-Sync "On" for broader compatibility, and it will always work. This short video shows the process step by step. When he isn't staring at a monitor and churning out a tech-copy, Satwick dives into vigorous research work and tinkers with his devices to render 'Tried and Tested' solutions through his troubleshooting guides. For more than 5 years, Satwick Ghosh has penned gadgets, different technology, and video game-related nerd-copy for various publications. Lets start with the launch options in order to remove the fps cap. Fix Apex Legends lag with NordVPN There are several gaming VPNs worth investing into. Disable or put to Low all the remaining settings. Got specific Suggestions? As his favourite pass time, he likes to collect good books and enjoys cooking delicious dishes. This command is useful for setting up the Frame Per Second (FPS) of your game. The Windows version I use is Windows 10 version 21H1. This is required to have your shortcut run Apex as admin. The change from clear to blurry is exactly at 190fps. I recommend using HDMI 2.1 cables or Displayport 2.0 cables as they're completely backwards compatible and better shielded. How do you string multiple commands in the one launch option line Steam provides, string them one after the other? Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Heroes of the Storm is coded to always launch on the primary display as set in Windows, and as far as I'm aware there isn't a command line argument to change this unfortunately. And this is why testing this is important. Click "Advanced Launch Options" and paste "+fps_max 60" into the "Command line arguments" box, then click "Save.". 6) Quit Origin and restart Origin. This is required to have your shortcut run Apex as admin. Close all your extra software if you want to maximize your performance while gaming. If you just want to "follow a guide" > Use the main setup. Your questions around the guide are likely answered in the "understanding x" sections. But, now -dev is used to perform the same task. Ex: Forces the engine to start with resolution set to value in pixels. Ex: Place the borderless window along the vertical axis. Recommended to backup registry beforehand and create a restore point too. EA's ever-popular Apex Legends is the latest title to add NVIDIA Reflex, an in-game option that reduces system latency for millions of GeForce gamers. You can copy it here.This file is found in C:\Users\DooDooHead\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\Local. type - then your command, then give space, and repeat the same process. Putting this command in Steam or Origin will disable the game sound. Launch Apex Legend and open the Video settings. Select Apex Legends. For Apex Legends players, this guide will explain how you can change just the audio language in the Steam release of Apex Legends. Using 1 at the place of (FPS Value) will optimise the frame rate for your Apex Legends, and entering 0 will free it. Reflex lets us focus on the visuals entirely at least. That's the best you can do, unless you uncap the fps entirely but the tearing / input lag that follows is on you. With Nvidia Reflex it has completely changed the modern competitive game. Now youve got a clear overview of the Apex Legends Launch commands. This is more stable. Most only know what's marketed to them. But again, Fast Sync only when the fps is higher than the refreshrate. The commands work the same for both of these game launchers. To enable Apex Legends' FPS Counter, just follow these simple steps: Open the Origin client. Now Right-click on it and go to Properties. These are some of Apex Legends unsupported or removed launch options: -novid Does not work as of now. This Apex Legends launch option turns off the games V-Sync. Forces the engine to search for custom game content placed inside the games installation directory instead of using the default game content packed inside VPK files. You can submit them here. It's likely due to the apex dev ricklesaucer discovering that the game had CPU priority issues. What to do if you don't have it besides buying a monitor that has it: Limit your FPS to your monitor refreshrate using RTSS or fps_max, and turn off V-Sync in Apex and NVCP. When you apply this command with the value 1, it forces the preload and improves the games performance. I had this setup running and could barely get 1k damage. Example of how fps_max looks vs RTSS: https://i.imgur.com/zbISaed.png. Set Apex to run as Administrator, always. A list of all (known) launch options and their usefulness in the game are listed below for Apex Legends. Just google "Undervolting GPU" for several guides. Basically, monitor magic. I sometimes stream under the name starflame (same name on twitter) and like to focus on low, stable frametimes for games. Read the section "Understanding The Alternate Setup" lower in the guide for more info. Destiny 2: Season of Defiance How To Gather Awoken Favors, Destiny 2: Season of Defiance How To Get All The Lightfall Gear, Destiny 2 | How To Get Deterministic Chaos, Destiny 2 Defiant Key, Engram, and Battlegrounds Walkthrough, Use the Windows mouse acceleration settings. Cap your frame rate. For example unloading a full R99 clip has much better visibility, doing 180 turns is also much sharper and I can lock onto the target more easily. This way, you can get a clear overview of your FPS and change it afterwards if needed. Here is How to set/use the Apex launch options: These Apex Legends Launch options have been tested and are all working: -full / -fullscreen The game will always launch in Fullscreen Mode. Go to Game Library. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Blogsdna.com 2019. How to Fix Ryzen Master Driver Not Installed Proper Error, 10 Fixes For RuneScape Error Loading the Game Configuration From the Website, SOLVED : Please Wait For the GPSVC Windows Error, 12 Fixes For Scanning and Repairing Drive Stuck at 100% Windows, Top 20 Best Peer to Peer (P2P) File Sharing Programs and Applications, How to fix Critical Error In Windows 10 Start Menu & Cortana Not Working, How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus; The Easiest Way, Download Nero 9 Essentials Free Version [Striped Down], Download Windows 7/Direct3D 11 (DirectX 11), Legally Free Adobe Photoshop Ebooks and PDF Files For Download, Enable Multiple User Access/Concurrent User Sessions For Remote Desktop on Windows 7, How to Take Ownership & Grant Permissions to Access Files & Folder in Windows 7, Find All USB Devices Currently Connected to Your Computer with USBDeview. Stops Dota 2 from changing microphone output values upon launching the game. If you use my settings keep in mind I use a RTX 3080 and I followed this guide. Reflex makes the input lag the lowest it can be at all times no matter your other settings, so you only have to account for how the game looks and feels to yourself. . I recently got a 3080Ti and can easily run the game above 240fps and when im not putting in any inputs its all super smooth but the moment i strafe or aim around its like things are rapidly moving side to side 2 pixels and become blurry. Earlier the usable CPU threads in a game could be optimized using this command, but its no longer supported. You do this by finding the r5apex.exe in your game folder and right-clicking > Properties > then check "Run this program as administrator". Actually more accurately; the options don't do what what the descriptions say they do all the time. I took a break from apex and started playing this week. For example, if you want to limit your Apex Legends FPS to 60, you would enter: +fps_max 60. Privacy Policy - Cookie Policy - Terms of Use. Ultra is only beneficial when your CPU usage is often or always 99%, so try to avoid that. Once you have saved the maximum FPS rate in Apex Legends, launch the game to see if the excessive input lag issue in Apex Legends has been resolved. On Windows, the OpenGL DLC is necessary to run this. The game capture causes resource issues when Apex isn't elevated (ran as admin). [1] Apex Legends released on Origin on February 4, 2019. Click Save. Well written post, although I'm not really a fan of g-sync. No game usually requires admin and it can often mess up other things. -console Disables developer console in public builds of Apex Legends. If you want to talk with me outside of here, you can find me on twitter @starflame, as well as on Twitch under the same name. I tried to clip it but i think its happening faster than 60 fps can really pick up. That's not good. The alt setup is what you should use if you stream using OBS Studio or share with your friends on Discord. V-Sync can actually work very differently from game to game, and sometimes devs add other optimizations alongside it. I have 16GB of ram and I still run into issues sometimes as I tend to keep the browser open the whole day, so it ends using over 5-6GB of ram with many tabs open. TL;DR for Apex and V-Sync (for use with G-Sync). Both of these commands ensure your game launches in fullscreen mode. I saw that RTSS new setup thread and thought I'd write a "how to setup apex" guide. Set it up to your own PC's hardware restrictions. This gives you better input lag and fps. When your network connection is slow, it takes longer to load the graphics, arsenals, sound, and other in-game videos. Set to the same or what you prefer/need. Right-click on Apex Legends and choose Game Properties. Can be used in matchmaking games. How to Fix Discord Not Picking Up Mic Input? Under the Game Language setting in the Advanced Launch. On monitors without G-Sync or Freesync, Fast Sync is a good compromise of input lag and tearing, as it lowers input lag and eliminates tearing. Thats why a list of Apex Legends Launch Options/Commands comes in handy. NOTE: Boost will increase your power consumption and temps, in many cases you're better off just properly undervolting you GPU. You can copy it here.This file is found in C:\Users\DooDooHead\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\Local. Lower values may cause gameplay problems. Currently, the game caps my computer at 144 frames by default even though I have a 240hz monitor. Your email address will not be published. I have it set at 144hz and is now RTSS capped at 140. Recently Ive found that using Latency Mode On feels best in any scenario- but my CPU doesnt max out in apex anymore after I made sure to update the bios, update windows, and use the latest GPU drivers on my 8700k. Set the maximum frame per second to the number that has been assigned. Overrides the setting in the in-game options if used. Maxing out your GPU and CPU to 99% will give you significant input lag. The reason why we use RTSS and want low, stable frametimes: Like everyone, you most likely want to run more applications while playing Apex, such as OBS Studio, Spotify, Discord, 30 Chrome tabs etc, and the focus quickly becomes more than just making the game alone get high fps. We recommend NordVPN, now with 57% off. Refresh frequency could also be set using -freq. It won't cause a distinct difference until you play a bit and it feels more sluggish as there will be overall increased input lag and technically, "tearing" as trying to limit fps inside the refresh rate while Fast Sync requires you to exceed it.. just gives you more input lag and allows for tearing. Former head editor for Natus Vincere, he has produced content for DreamHack, FACEIT, DOTAFire, 2P, and more. If you look for more info, be very careful: do not just copy-paste thousands of lines of code without explanations! Makes my sens feel floaty. Another advantage of Apex CLI is to provide scope, by connecting and executing commands in a context of specific . It's just that sometimes in-game V-Sync works better due to optimizations in the game engine relating to VRR tech. Let me know if there's anything to add. Most gamers use this command when their game crashes at the start-up or lags in full-screen mode. If you want to install MSI Afterburner, RTSS comes bundled with that. Select Game Properties. I suggest you either cap fps at 190 in RTSS or in steam/origin launch options using +fps_max 190 instead of Unlimited. Go to your Game Library and right-click on Apex Legends Click the 'Game Properties' option on Origin. No fps cap technically gives the lowest input lag. A hilarious troubleshooting step is checking if you actually set your monitor to 144Hz. (Disc and non-Steam digital versions only. Follow him on Twitter and Facebook. Yes, using the right launch commands help to enhance your gaming experience as well as significantly increases the FPS. You can verify this in other titles that support Reflex, like Overwatch or Valorant. If you want to use this, go for it by all means. This Apex Legends launch command helps you to force the DirectX API version you want to have extra in-game features. When active, G-Sync eliminates the input lag that would normally come from only using V-Sync. It currently provides the most stable frametimes of all frame limiter tools, a significantly preferable tradeoff as the impact is only up to 1 frame of input lag in your game. Frames-per-second (FPS) helps determine how smooth your gameplay is. I've tried it on and off for the past few years with the correct settings each time, and something minor always feels off and I'll immediately play better with it off. On the web, you can find several configuration files to replace yours and boost the fps. This has led me to research a lot about these technical parts to figure out what works best. 13 Situational: Crypto, Rampart, Wattson, Caustic. The fps caps in this guide assume your fps exceeds those caps. At first I was a bit underwhelmed. It can't sync the framerate and refreshrate if the game runs faster than your monitors physical refreshrate. Ex: Place the borderless window along the horizontal axis. I'd rather play at 90-100fps basically all the time than sometimes get over 140fps inside a building when no enemies are there. Here, weve listed those Options also. Note that unlocking the frame rate might cause overheating problems if your system isnt cooled properly as the game will try to render as many frames as possible. Use it at your own risk! The longer explanation is that the "Main Setup" is how to best run the game under normal circumstances. This comment is part of the "Apex and V-Sync" section in the main guide. However, the fps must exceeed the refreshrate. If you don't have an undervolted GPU and often hit 99% CPU or GPU load, you can turn +Boost on. Welcome to the competitive part of the Outlands, Legends. Boost has been updated by Nvidia to actually benefit more in CPU bound and GPU bound scenarios. Turned it off the moment I got my new pc. However, to make things easier when switching it to the other monitor you can try the key combo Win + Shift + Arrow key. Press J to jump to the feed. Choose Advanced Launch Options. I have tried to collect every performance boost, fps increase information in this thread, I hope this helps others as much as it has helped me. G-Sync eliminates tearing by syncing the fps output with your monitor's refreshrate. Many thanks for the step by step explanations! All Rights Reserved. Step 1: At first close Apex Legends even if it's opened with the Launcher Step 2: Now go to your Game Library and right-click on Apex Legends Step 3: Choose Properties from the pop-up menu Step 4: In the Properties window, navigate to the GENERAL tab Step 5: Now click on the SET LAUNCH OPTIONS button in Steam Disables Windows Aero DirectX extensions; may improve performance in certain cases. Open Task Manager by typing CTRL + ALT + DELETE. It looks like this, download here.Scroll down to the bottom. If your monitor/PC flickers intermittently when using G-Sync, replace your DisplayPort or HDMI cable. Your game will deliver high performance with this command. This is a significant different goal. Allows you to play on ChinesePerfect Worldservers. Having exhausted the character limit in the main guide, I've had to make this extra comment to explain V-Sync and the relation in Apex. After of these please start any match then you can see something went wrong at top left on your screen. They're two different technologies that don't work together. His videos are likely the #1 source on this topic. This should not happen, and revealed there might be a permission problem with how Respawn has implemented Reflex.